When people recommend you to detox, they’re telling you it’s best to remove all of the harmful and toxic substances from your body. Your body actually naturally neutralizes and gets rid of all the toxins in your body. When you detoxify, you’re trying to improve and optimize your body’s natural detox functions. All these toxins come from around us—food, water, environment, household items, personal care products, stress—and it’s important to cleanse your body of these toxins to stay healthy. Here are some additional benefits you may enjoy from doing so.
- Boost your energy. In short, you’re happier and more upbeat! After detoxing, you will have more mental, physical, and emotional energy from your natural entry boost with no caffeine or sugar crash.
- Strengthens immune system. Your organs are better able to function when you detox, giving strength to your immune system to prevent common colds and flus.
- Improved skin. Your skin is your largest organ so detoxing can leave you with a natural, healthy glow.
- Anti- Detoxing can get rid of free radicals that are partially responsible for aging, leaving you with increased longevity in the long run.
- Weight loss. Since you change your eating habits when you detox, it’s only natural to see yourself losing some weight. Toxins also affect the body’s natural ability to burn fat so getting ride of those can help increase your metabolism.
- Better overall quality of life. Humans don’t function very well when we’re loaded with toxins. So after you detox, you’ll start feeling lighter and a greater sense of wellbeing.
There are various detox and cleanse diets out and about. Most of them consist of cutting out caffeine, sugar, and alcohol for about two weeks. By going through detoxification, you’ll come out feeling happier and more at peace. And your body will thank you for discarding all those nasty toxins in you.