We have all had good and bad hair days, and know our hair has the ability to make our break our mood sometimes. What if everyday could be a good hair day? Ayurveda has tips that can increase the overall strength, shine and bounce of your hair. The gradual commitment to promoting healthy hair habits will lead to more beautiful hair days in the long run. And healthier hair means a healthier you!
1. Add to your diet a daily intake of 1 tsp. white sesame seeds mixed in a small bowl of yogurt every morning. This will increase your calcium and magnesium intake which helps achieve healthy/strong hair.
2. Extreme dryness of the scalp can be caused by either a diet deficiency, thyroid issues, or just abuse of heat styling/coloring. To remedy this mix 1/4 cup lemon juice with 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 tsp of neem oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp in gentle circular motions on a regular basis. This will help add moisture to your scalp, and even combat dandruff.
3. A warm oil massage 2 - 3 times a week plus brushing your hair regularly will help moisturize and stimulate your scalp.
4. Need to control hair loss? 1/3 cup of aloe vera juice with a pinch or cumin powder and a pinch of powdered black pepper taken 3 times a day for 3 - 4 months will help.
5. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar once a week to dissolve excess DHT and unblock hair follicles.
6. Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalances and harsh chemicals are all contributing factors for unhealthy hair.
We have the power to change all of these things and to start leading a more healthy lifestyle, which will lead to beautiful hair.