There are so many different diets out there today! Finding one that suits you and having the willpower to stick to it can be difficult. However, Ayurveda encourages you to reflect on your own unique needs and set realistic diet goals that help you achieve your optimal weight, without sacrificing your health. A plant-based diet is a great way to go about this, since "plant-based" doesn't necessarily mean you have to be 100% vegetarian or vegan. Plant-based diets allow you to choose meals that are heavy in fruits and vegetables, while still incorporating modest amounts of fish and lean meat.
The Power of Plants
In general, a plant-based diet can give you considerable health benefits, while also leaving you with a higher sense of balance and productivity. Here are some of the advantages you can experience by following a plant-based diet:
- Animal-based foods tend to be heavily processed and full of chemical and preservatives, which can leave you feeling sluggish and tired. By replacing them with plant-based foods, you can maintain your health and cut out these harmful substances, which are known to throw off the balance of your body's internal energies.
- Plants have a much lower caloric concentration than foods containing animal proteins. This means you can eat more without gaining as much weight! Also, by switching to a plant-based diet, you beginning consuming more fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which aid with natural weight loss.
- This type of diet is high in antioxidants, which neutralize radicals in the body know to cause aging and chronic disease. A low fat plant-based diet can lead to healthier, younger looking skin and lower rates of cancer.
- Since plant-based diets are usually low in saturated fats, they can be very beneficial when it comes to heart health. Choosing this kind of diet regimen can lead to lower rates of heart disease, as well as lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- In general, a plant-based diet can give you considerable other health benefits, including higher fiber intake, better blood sugar, and improved vision.
Why You Should Go Plant-Based
Eating meals loaded with plant-powerful foods is part of your body's innate knowledge. By transforming your daily diet to one that is primarily plant-based and incorporates clean, whole foods, you can optimize both your health and reap all of these benefits.
Do you know any great plant-based recipes for those who follow a plant-based diet? Let us know!